Can a Physiotherapist Help With Recurring Sports Injuries?
Exercise and sports physiotherapists work with athletes all the time. These specialists use evidence-based science to help athletes improve their form, improve their performance, recover faster after competition, reduce rate of injury, and the recurrence of injury.
You will find exercise and sports physiotherapists in a wide variety of settings: medical clinics, sports centres, gyms, and recreational centres.
Benefits of Physiotherapists
- Injury prevention: A big part of what exercise and sports physiotherapists do is help athletes after injuries and help athletes prevent injuries. They are experts on different sports and their related musculoskeletal requirements.
- Acute intervention: Exercise and sports physiotherapists have the skill and expertise to respond to acute injuries on the spot. That is why physiotherapists are always on staff and nearby for professional athletes.
- Rehabilitation: Exercise and sports physiotherapists use evidence-based science and clinical experience to assess, diagnose, and treat injuries related to sports and then implement a rehabilitation program.
- Performance enhancement: Exercise and sports physiotherapists who have ongoing relationships with athletes will have a personal knowledge of each individual's goals, strengths, weaknesses, and performance. These are medical professionals who will be the first to help enhance performance.
- Advice: Exercise and sports physiotherapists are used to working with other specialists in a multidisciplinary approach. This is what they are trained for and excel at.
- Professional leader: Exercise and sports physiotherapists are always learning and embracing new scientific advances with respect to helping not just athletes but also individuals with injuries related to chronic illness or trauma.
Total Care Health has physiotherapists on staff that are ready to help with your recurring sports injuries--or any other injuries.
Total Care Health, based in Surrey, BC, offers science-based therapy in a compassionate environment. They have chiropractors, kinesiologists, physiotherapists, and massage therapists available to help you.
If you have any questions about this article, or you would like to book an appointment with one of our professionals, please call us at (604) 854-3090.